Sacred Heart Plans for Parish Mission: February 11-14
Returning to Sacred Heart to deliver the Parish Mission is Fr. John Mark Ettensohn, OMI. Father Ettensohn will conduct the four-day Mission experience beginning Sunday, February 11 and ending Wednesday, February 14, 2018. The principal Mission presentation will be each evening from 7pm to 8:30pm. The theme of the Parish Mission will be, “Where is God These Days?”
The Scriptures tell the story of God with His people on the journey of life, through the joy and pain, the laughter and tears, through the mountaintop highs and the dry desert lows. How about today? Is God with us still; and, if so, how? Why does it seem like God is so distant at times, especially when there is a critical need? Increasingly today it appears that God is not all that relevant. We get confused about what to do and what not to do. Participants can expect the following each of the evenings:
- Evening 1: “Meeting God on the Journey of Life” • How the One “who is with us always” may be present to us on the journey of life.
- Evening 2: “Not Just Existing, Fully Alive” • What gives meaning to life? Are life’s difficulties more than just something to endure? How can the tough times be something we can grow through and not just go through?
- Evening 3: “What Freedom Really Means” (Sacrament of Reconciliation evening) • True freedom is much more than the ability to do whatever we want whenever we want. It is deeply connected to who and whose we are. From our weakness, the power of God is made manifest.
- Evening 4: “Back to the Future from the Heart” • What is God’s call to our hearts? What kind of life and Church are we leaving to our children? Why must faith be more than me and God? God’s vehicle for life, which we are, keeps coming not as much through what we get but what we give.
Fr. John Mark Ettensohn, is a member of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate from Belleville, Ill., where the Oblates conduct the National Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows. He has given parish missions or retreats in 22 states and Canada. The Lord Jesus invites us to follow the way that he leads as we make the journey of life. Yet our daily lives are so full that we sometimes forget who we are and whose we are. A Parish Mission is a time of listening and reflection for those who wish to find or strengthen their center in God once again in a world that at times can be all too much with us.
Additionally, as the Mission approaches, we urge every parishioner to pray that during the mission time we all will be especially open to the Holy Spirit present within us, and pray for our mission preacher, Fr. Ettensohn, OMI, that as he leads us in a new mission, he once again will be a willing instrument in the hands of God for us. For, as St. Paul reminds us, it is God who gives the growth.
Knights of Columbus Lenten Fish Fry Schedule
Sign Up For Daily Scripture Devotions/Reflections
There are many great websites, phone apps and email subscriptions that offer devotions and reflections based on the Church's daily Scripture readings, the Saint of the Day or a particular Feast or Memorial. Here are a few to check into for your daily walk with the Lord.
Support Eldon Community Food Pantry
Supporting the Eldon Community Food Pantry has never been easier—just shop at Gerbes and scan your Plus Shopper’s Card! Here’s how to enroll:
1. Visit www.gerbes.com/communityrewards
2. Click “Enroll Now”
3. Sign in to your online account, or create an account
4. Find and select our organization with our NPO (Non-Profit Organization) number 45197 and click “Save”. You’ll start earning rewards for the Eldon Community Food Pantry right away on qualifying purchases made using your Plus Shopper’s Card.
Sunday Mass 9am
Saturday 4-5pm & By Appointment
The Catholic Missourian serves to inform people about diocesan events, programs, news, announcements and personalities. National columnists and news articles provide information and commentary on the issues of the day in light of the Gospel and the Church’s reflection on it, as well as definitive teaching from official leaders.Read the current and previous week’s edition in digital format.
Sacred Heart has Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament the first full weekend of each month, from 9am Friday to 5pm on Saturday. A sign-up board is available the week in advance to ensure each hour is covered by an attendee to sit with the Blessed Sacrament; however, you do not have to sign up to attend at any time during Adoration weekend. To learn more or to become involved contact Sacred Heart at 392-5334. Learn More
Sacred Heart parish is pleased to participate in the Dynamic Catholic Parish Champion program, the objective which is to make Dynamic Catholic’s world-class resources available to parishes to inspire parishioners to rediscover the genius of Catholicism.