Sacred Heart Mini Mission, October 26-28
Have you ever heard someone give a talk about “What God Expects of Us”; or “What the Church Teaches”; or even “What Discipleship Means”? Certainly talks that we might want to hear. But what about having an actual conversation with God?
If you told someone that “last night when I was talking to God” would they believe that you actually had a two way conversation? Would you listen to someone else eagerly sharing their conversation with God? Growing in faith or developing a deeper prayer life requires a belief that there is an invitation from God for a conversation?
This Mini-Mission is an opportunity to hear (and talk about having) a Conversation with God. WE NEED TO TALK (But only if you want to deepen your relationship with God and Others). Our mission will begin with the weekend masses on Sat/Sun. Then Sunday through Tuesday evenings (October 26-28) we will gather in the church at 7pm.
There will be a different talk each evening followed by a time for refreshments and questions. You can go to all of them (which is best) but you will also get something important out of each one. These talks are directed more towards adults and adolescents.
Topics for each night are as follows:
- Sunday: Can You Hear Me Now? The Never-Ending Invitation that Comes From God to Us.
- Monday: Okay, What Do You Want To Talk About? How God Lets Us Choose What to Talk About.
- Tuesday: Can We Talk? How to Invite Others into this Conversation with God.
VIRTUS Training, November 12
Attention PSR Parents and any interested parishioners ... The VIRTUS program for adults is a program which is sponsored by the diocese of Jefferson City for the protection of children. Register online by clicking here.
- WHO: Parents, grandparents, parishioners are invited to attend. Facilitator will be Mary Schnoring from Camdenton.
- WHAT: Protecting God's Children for Adults is training conducted by VIRTUS certified facilitators on the prevention of child sexual abuse. The training makes participants aware of the signs of child sexual abuse, the methods and means by which offenders commit abuse, and five easy steps one can use to prevent child sexual abuse. Two videos are the centerpiece of the training: A Time to Protect God's Children and A Plan to Protect God's Children. The facilitator will incorporate policies and procedures, as well as the reporting of child sexual abuse and victim advocacy.
- WHEN and WHERE: It will be held on Wednesday, November 12, from 6:30pm – 8pm in the fellowship hall at Our Lady of the Lake Church.
Santa's Workshop, December 13
Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Saturday, December 13, 2014!
We are in need of your help with the following items:
- Outside/yard decorations such as Lights
- Candy Canes, Sleighs with characters or any festive decorations.
Other items needed:
- Gifts for men and teens (no clothing)
- Tape, Gift Bags, Wrapping Paper
- Gift Tags, and Gift Boxes
- Also Cookies (brought on morning of event, December 13). Sign up to bring these items on November 1 or 2, or call Susan at 573-375-5374.
THE ABOVE LINKS CONNECT YOU TO JUST A FEW OF THE MANY WONDERFUL ONLINE FAITH FORMATION RESOURCES
Saturday Vigil 5:30 pm
Oct 1 to Apr 30: 9 am
PSR Follows Mass Each Sunday
May 1 to Sept 30: 8 am & 10 am
Weekday Mass 8 am (Mon to Fri)
Saturday 4-5 pm & By Appointment